Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fabulous 29th Birthday!

I (Jennifer) had a FABULOUS birthday yesterday! Thanks to so many of you for your cards and emails. On board, there is a birthday calendar, so everyone knows when it's your birthday. I've never been wished "Happy Birthday" by so many people on my birthday. I bet over 100 people wished me a "Happy Birthday" and in many, many languages! The funniest is the Netherlands greeting. Instead of saying "Happy Birthday," they say "Congratulations." And not only do they congratulate the birthday person, they are congratulate the family and good friends too! So several of our Dutch friends were congratulating John all throughout the day! ha ha! What fun!

I had a wonderful, fun filled day. In the morning, I had the awesome opportunity to help out with a school visit. We have several school visits each month from local schools that are interested in taking their students to see our ship. The 50+ students were 8th graders (13/ 14 years old) from a local Christian school. We put on a great program informing them all about OM and our ship and I was the MC! What a fantastic time! After the program, we took the students in small groups on tours throughout the ship. I was able to connect with many of the students. They had a GREAT time!

For lunch, my ship family threw me a party (see pictures below). What fun to be able to celebrate them. They made me feel so loved and appreciated. I worked in the afternoon and then in the evening, John took me out for a night on the town. What a treat! Never would I have imagined that I would be spending my 29th birthday in Koge, Denmark! :)


My sweet little friend Kara giving me a big birthday hug!


My lunch party with ship family. They decorated the table so nicely in red, white and blue! :)


John made me a WONDERFUL red velvet cake with peppermint candy cane frosting. Delicious!


Cheers! Don't worry.... it's just grape juice. No wine allowed in the ship's dining room! ;)


One of my ship children made all these cute flowers out of napkins for the table decor! Amazing how resourceful we are on this ship!


Our little friends are very eager to try the cake!


Oh yeah baby! My husband is such an AMAZING baker!


My cleaning team surprised me with my name in cookies! So cute!


Opening cards and gifts back in the cabin.


My best friend Amy mailed these cute gloves for my birthday! They matched my shirt perfectly! She's trying to keep this ol' missionary lady savvy! ;)

1 comment:

Amy W said...

What an amazing birthday!!! Those little kids just loving all over you! Made me smile! Loved the cake, the 'jennifer' cookies, the table setting! I can't believe they were saying congratulations to John all day, ha ha ha! That sounds so funny... I bet he loved that though! So stoked to c u wearing the gloves, awesome! When I found those I just knew you needed them... like leg-warmers from the 80's but for your hands, ha ha ha! Miss you so much. Wish I could have been there :( All my love :)