Thursday, November 6, 2008

On Board "Clubs"

When we're not working, ministering, or training, there are lots of "extra-curricular" classes and clubs offered on board the ship for the ship's company to join. You wouldn't believe how many fun opportunities are offered!! We have African dance, origami making, drama, swing dancing, soccer, poetry, mime, a choir, and so many more! Each of the classes and clubs are lead by crew members - people just like John and I who have a passion for something and desire to share it with the rest of the ship's company.

For now, John and I have both decided to join just one "club" in order to not become too busy on board and also so we can really make the most of that one club. I (Jennifer) am very proud to announce that I have joined the Spanish club! Currently, we're doing a 10-week intensive language program. I'm two weeks into it and LOVING it. For many years now I've been wanting to begin Spanish classes and I'm so thrilled that I finally have the opportunity!! Our class is taught by a Colombian who was a Spanish and English teacher back at home.

John has joined the photography club! He has always been interested in photography, but his passion has really increased since being on the ship. The class is led by the ship's official photographer, so he has an incredible amount of skill to to able to pass on to the club members. John is really improving in his photography skills and loving the classes.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe you and Spanish are finally connecting! That's awesome!