Sunday, February 1, 2009

Leading Trainings!

We've been the recipient of many incredible trainings over the past five months, so it was a real honor when I (Jennifer) was finally asked to LEAD a training! As many of you know, in my last job at Friends for Youth, I led quite a few trainings, so I have been eager to spread my wings on board and help start leading trainings. I had my first opportunity to lead a training this past Friday for the new crew on board. I led a training on "hospitality" (on the topic in general and also specifically in regards to the Logos Hope). I think it went really well! What fun to be able to connect with the new crew and introduce them to the very important topic of showing hospitality to all of the guests and visitors that come on board the ship. I also led another training on "hosting" both this Saturday and Sunday. I led this training for current crew on board. Each overnight guest that stays on the ship is assigned a "host" to make them feel welcome, show them around the ship, connect them to the ship's ministry, etc. The purpose of the training was to prepare all of our crew members to become excellent hosts! What a blessing to be able to be able to give back to the ship's community this weekend. Praise God for this opportunity.

No comments: