Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wonderful Day!

I ended up having a really, really special 30th birthday on board. I really didn't know what to expect from the day since we were at sea, so couldn't really go anywhere special to celebrate, but everyone on board made me feel so special and loved. I received lots of really nice notes, emails and calls, so that was really special! My co-workers decorated my office space and lots of friends put cute notes on our cabin door. Also, the STEP group (the short-term program I coordinate), surprised me with a cake in the afternoon! In the evening, we had a time of sharing for the whole ship's company about our time in Guyana, then afterward, a friend of ours from Curacao lead us in a class to teach us a few phrases and key words in Papiamento, the language of Curacao. What fun! Thanks to all of you for making me feel so loved.

1 comment:

Amy W said...

You are the most beautiful 30 yr old I have ever seen in my life! Can't wait to see the pictures!