Friday, October 10, 2008

Sharing about God's Strength

Every morning before we start work, our Accommodations Department (the Angels) has a short time of sharing to get us started for the day. Each of the "Angels" take turns sharing in the morning. This morning was my morning to share, so after much prayer, I decided to share about God's strength. I wanted to share with all of you what I shared with them this morning. May it be an encouragement to you!

Isaiah 40: 28 - 31

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

God gives us the strength to overcome weariness in our lives to stay the course He has for us with endurance and vigor.

Gaining the strength of God, however, is not an automatic occurrence. According to Scripture, we tap into God’s strength by the following four ways:

-Seeking Him: 1 Chronicles 16:11: Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

-Observing His commandments: Deuteronomy 11:8: Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess.

-Loving Him: Psalm 18:1-2: I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

-Praising Him: Exodus 15:2: The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Usually when I think of God giving us strength, I think of physical strength, but God gives us strength in so many different ways!

STRENGTH FOR ALL OUR DAYS
“The bolts of your gates will be iron and bronze, and your strength will equal your days” (Deuteronomy 33:25). God has promised that His strength will be available to us for all the days of our lives.

STRENGTH FOR OUR HEART
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” (Psalm 73:26). Here we are talking about two kinds of strength—strength for our physical heart and well-being, and strength so that we don’t lose heart in facing the challenges that lie before us.

STRENGTH TO OVERCOME FEAR
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10). God gives us the strength to handle our fear and dismay not only for today, but our fear for what the future holds.

STRENGTH TO OVERCOME GRIEF
“Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10). There are many places in the Bible where strength and joy are linked, and it is through the joy of the Lord that we are able to overcome the grief in our lives.

STRENGTH FOR THE BATTLE
“You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet” (Psalm 18:39). There are many battles we must face. As long as we are living in obedience to the Lord, He will give us the strength we need for every battle we encounter.

STRENGTH TO ACCOMPLISH
“I can do everything through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13). Not only are we able to overcome obstacles through God’s strength, we are also able to accomplish God’s purposes for us on Earth.

Psalm 138:3: “As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.”


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome reminder about strength! We are all praying (the OM office) that the ship get to sail soon! :)