Thursday, February 11, 2010

Internship for New Crew Members

This morning, we kicked off an internship program for our new crew members. This is Training Services (my department on board) second go at the internship program. We piloted it when crew joined last September. I'm happy to say that as part of my job on board I'll be coordinating the internship for this round of new crew members. I'm quite excited about it! There are three elements of the internship - Spiritual Formation, Community & Lifestyle and Ministry. The internship will last 18 weeks and throughout these weeks, the interns (a.k.a. new crew members) will go through the study book Experiencing God, work through several community goals and also choose a "ministry steam" to focus their time. The choices are kids' ministry, public speaking, creative ministry, sports ministry, personal evangelism and study group leadership (which I'll be leading). What an experience for me and the new crew members both! :)

No comments: